Tuesday, March 24, 2009

THE SECRET OF VOLDAR


My latest HUZZAH!!'s are up. The idea for the look of the Voldarians came from talking to Rob Davis who'd mentioned a design he had in his sketchbook of an race of Hairy-angler faced fish aliens with old men's heads instead of lights. I figured that at this point the secret of Voldar had to really be a lot more than just the Uroborus child and figured on the planet of Voldar itself actually being the prisoner given the events of chapter 5. So now the concept of a prison planet isn't so much a planet full of convicts but a restraining device that coats and existing planet in an artificle surface. The silos you see from page 1 onward are essentially gigantic restraining bolts dotted all over the prison planet's surface.

2 comments:

Rob Davis said...

"The silos you see from page 1 onward are essentially gigantic restraining bolts dotted all over the prison planet's surface."

Don't be so sure about that bit... I have something a little different in mind ;-)

Lovely pic btw, i think I prefer your design to mine now.

Anonymous said...

Dude you have a great style! I was wondering if you ever have done a Darth Vader? I am creating a tribute book to George Lucas called "100 Ways to the Darkside" where I am having 100 hand picked artist create Darth Vader. I would love one for the book in your style. Please let me know if your interested!

Thanks a million

- Josh