Monday, February 26, 2007

RAY HARRYHAUSEN'S MONSTERAMA

Ray Harryhausen. What's not to like. The Skeleton fight from Jason and the Argonauts is great, but what I really love is the t-rex lasso scene from Valley of the Gwangi (which you see on this excellent compilation roughly 03:04 mins into the film). And I really love Mighty Joe Young in terms of 'big ape' movies.

Whilst on the subject of monsters (having had a monster of a Monday), check out this great little film from Calarts student, Jonathan Kim.


4 comments:

dragonhead said...

Those films make me want to do stop motion animation for my senior project... in addition to flash, and hand drawn animation from previous videos. Darn you getting all of these ideas in my head! :)

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Harryhausen is King !! His films still have true magic in them !! That short film was fun too !

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Absolutely. It never gets old. I love the Sinbad movies though I mostly remember them for their monsters rather than their plots.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I also remember Caroline Munro and Jane Seymour ! :)